Followers

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Flea Market Finds....part 1

It has been such a busy couple of weeks.  And still so much I need to get finished....two  special projects...trying out some new techniques....my spiderweb quilt and still plugging away on the hexagon quilt.  Whew!!!

But today I had a very fun day with my husband at the Springfield Extravaganza!!! 

I have never been to the BIG Flea Market in Springfield and I was really shocked at the number of vendors at the show!  Unreal!!!  They had everything!!!  I sort of knew it would be big so I had in my mind what I was looking for....vintage fabric and, hopefully, feed sacks. 

Well, apparently, I was not the only one in search of feed sacks.  I was told by several vendors that they were a hot item and most were sold during the early bird hours.  But I was able to find an apron made with the sweetest fabric.

          
Isn't this fantastic?  I will use this in some fun projects ;)
Never fear, I found a few other great buys....I will show you later....

Today I began another small quilt using a quilting technique I have wanted to try.  Here is just a little peek....sorry I didn't have much time to get things together.  So stay tuned!


I am loving these big checks!!!
Finally, thanks everyone for showing your favorite fabrics and playing along!  Suz and I had a great time looking at all the fabrics and the stories behind them ;)
Hope the rest of your Sunday is wonderful...see you tomorrow!
mary
 

11 comments:

  1. oh, i love that fabric from the apron! it looks so soft and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that apron fabric; am trying to work out my hexagon quilt. I made hexies into flowers and am trying to fit them together--yikes!!--what a mish-mash nightmare...where did I go wrong?? Still am loving sewing them though....Julierose a new blogger

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue fabric with the daisies is LOVELY! It looks so soft and well loved but in beautiful condition! I am looking forward to seeing what that yummy yellow check project will be! Glad you had a fun day at the Springfield Extravaganza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely vintage fabric and intrigued about the gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What new project are you up to now - you tease Mary! Love your vintage find - great colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! love the apron.
    My two favs on my last post were aprons, and I have many more that probably wont get cut up!

    Looking forward to part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you found one great piece of fabric. I'm curious about what you're doing with gingham.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely fabric for an apron! it's always fun finding old items that are usable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun filled day! :o)
    I can't wait to see what you are working on! Love those checks! And your apron is adorable. I am wondering what your plans will be with it. ;o)
    Have a super week!!
    Sincerely, Trish
    ps. Cooler days are coming. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pinny fabric is lovely and I'm intrigued to see what you're doing with the big checks - is that a template/quilting paper I can see in the hoop?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty apron! Love those big sunny checks! I know whatever you're doing will be utterly butterly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete