Followers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Out of the Moth Balls...

Or, rather, the cedar cedar chest...I pulled out this variation of Log Cabin called Barn Raising.  I made this quilt in 1993 (yikes!) but it is still so relevant.  
A very traditional pattern and hand quilted using traditional techniques (no perle cotton here)
Solid cottons...
The borders are magenta and black with this striking red and black saw-tooth border...and I used black centers in each block rather than the traditional red...I was such a rebel! Ha!
Glad I pulled this out....it makes me happy to see this quilt again.  And goes to prove...everything old is new again!
Mary
 

4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Kind of has an Amish feel to it, doesn't it. Love your color sections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old patterns. There are many ways to use them. I think the solids you used makes this quilt timeless. It is a beauty. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! You have a great color sense.

    ReplyDelete