Followers

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Busy, busy

It has been a week of projects here!  It seems to be a very busy time....teaching classes, making quilts for gifts and shopppe samples, college orientation....whew! 
Molly has been working on a very cute new project.
I love her process.  She sketches out her design before transferring it to fabric and then makes choices regarding fillers, colors, etc. while stitching.  
I feel so fortunate that she still has time to sit at the kitchen table with me.  We spend a lot of time talking and stitching.  Times I will always cherish.  Here is a sneak peek of her project. 

I have finished the top for this quilt - a gift for my niece and her husband-to-be.  Hopefully, this week I will be basting (ugh), quilting and pick-stitching.
 
And then I have two quilts for twin newborn girls.  I plan on using the new Far, Far Away 2 fabric by Heather Ross...I love the texture and muted tones in this line.  Very calming for new baby girls!
 
I need to decide how I will cut this up to use in a quilt.  I want to choose a design that will show off the adorable illustrations.  Something to think about.....
Mary   

2 comments:

  1. Mary, I love the chambray on the coin quilt. The chocolate is gorgeous, and of course your "coin" colors are dreamy. I think they'll love it. Can't wait to see it all finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, I am almost done! woo-hoo! How is your quilt coming along? Be sure to post a finished picture on Flicr.

    ReplyDelete